UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer bobbyl
Observer

SPI pins

Jump to solution

Where can I find which pins to put in the constraints file to use the SPI interface post-configuration? I'm using an XC7A50T-2CSG325 on a PicoEVB board.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SPI pins

Jump to solution

@bobbyl

The schematics that came with your board should identify the FPGA pins that you need. 

For example, the schematic found <here> might be for your board.  I assume you are referring to the SPI interface that connects the FPGA to the Flash memory, U2? 
PicoEVB.jpg

For this interface, the schematic shows that the FPGA pins (K16, L17, J15, J16, L15, and FPGA_CCLK_O_B) are used.  In your HDL, you can access all these pins directly except FPGA_CCLK_O_B, which must be accessed via the STARTUPE2 primitive (port USRCCLKO) described on about page 595 of UG953.

Cheers,
Mark

3 Replies

Re: SPI pins

Jump to solution

@bobbyl

The schematics that came with your board should identify the FPGA pins that you need. 

For example, the schematic found <here> might be for your board.  I assume you are referring to the SPI interface that connects the FPGA to the Flash memory, U2? 
PicoEVB.jpg

For this interface, the schematic shows that the FPGA pins (K16, L17, J15, J16, L15, and FPGA_CCLK_O_B) are used.  In your HDL, you can access all these pins directly except FPGA_CCLK_O_B, which must be accessed via the STARTUPE2 primitive (port USRCCLKO) described on about page 595 of UG953.

Cheers,
Mark

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: SPI pins

Jump to solution
Hi

Here is an AR on this:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63174.html

Thanks
Simon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
Observer bobbyl
Observer

回复: SPI pins

Jump to solution

Thanks folks

0 Kudos