Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

SPI programming for virtex7

Jump to solution
I have a query on SPI flash device density for indirect flash programing in Virtex 7. I am using vivado 15.4. the Minimum Configuration Flash Memory Size (Mb) required for 7V585T is 256Mb. 1. Can I still use MT25QU part with 512Gb density? 2. if I use MT25QU part with 512Gb density, to generate the .mcs file to program the flash, should the "-size" in the below tcl command be 32 or 64? write_cfgmem -format mcs -interface spix4 -size 32 -loadbit "up 0x0 test.bit" -file main.mcs 3. I have set the following in the constraint file. is this correct? set_property CFGBVS GND [current_design] set_property CONFIG_MODE SPIX4 [current_design] set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_32BIT_ADDR YES [current_design] set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH 4 [current_design] set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_FALL_EDGE YES [current_design] set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_CONFIGRATE 12 [current_design]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kengie,

there is no 512Gb flash. it is 512Mb flash.

Yes you can use 512Mb flash. For 512Mb flash write_cfgmem  -format mcs -size 64 -interface SPIx4. you need to provide size as 64.

Regards,

Deepak D N

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or Give Kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Guess that's a typo for 512Mb? Yes you can use a bigger flash.

Just remove the '-size' option when you call write_cfgmem, it's optional and the tool can take care of this.

The constraints added depend on the design/hw. No right or wrong here. Say, your board is designed to have SPIx1 interface but you select SPIx4 then we can tell 'it's wrong'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kengie,

there is no 512Gb flash. it is 512Mb flash.

Yes you can use 512Mb flash. For 512Mb flash write_cfgmem  -format mcs -size 64 -interface SPIx4. you need to provide size as 64.

Regards,

Deepak D N

Please reply or Give Kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Deepak D N
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for all the reply.

I faced problem with programming the flash.

ERROR: [Labtools 27-3144] Invalild option : Byte 5959 does not match (00 != 02)

ERROR: [Labtools 27-3191] Flash programming Unsuccessful!

the mismatch byte is not the same everytime.

if i program the flash without verify, i am able to program successfully. i did verify_hw_device after program without verify. it reports that the readback data matches the programmed. what is the issue with the configuration memory verification?

i understand that there are other users posting regarding similar issues. However, i still could not solve my problem.

Any help?

0 Kudos