UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer morsergi
Observer

Set PORT COM for a tcl commands

Hello,

I have connected different Xilinxs on the same PC, and sometimes i have to execute a script with tcl commands on a specific board.

I have been searching information about how to send tcl commands in a PORT COM, but i'm not sure if this is possible.

Thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Set PORT COM for a tcl commands

There are certain options which are available here:-

While connecting to the HW use the specific JTAG ID and source the commands. For example:

Every cable get its own identifier which can be used to identify the HW in interest. 

open_hw
connect_hw_server -url localhost:3121
current_hw_target [get_hw_targets */xilinx_tcf/Digilent/210308A0E70C]
set_property PARAM.FREQUENCY 15000000 [get_hw_targets */xilinx_tcf/Digilent/210308A0E70C]
open_hw_target
current_hw_device [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
refresh_hw_device [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
create_hw_cfgmem -hw_device [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0] -mem_dev [lindex [get_cfgmem_parts {mt25qu256-spi-x1_x2_x4_x8}] 0]

Vivado only allows you to open one target. You need to close one before connecting to the other. Use the cable identifier to open the specific target and source the commands. 

add2.JPG

If you are using  XSCT tool which comes with SDK then it would be similar flow. For instance:

I have 2 boards (KCU105 & ZC706)  connected to my system. I want to source .bit to ku40 then I need to set that target as current target and run the command. So you can switch in between the different targets. Refer to below snapshot

targets 5 will set the ku40 as current target and you can do all the operations. Once done, you can go back to other targets. 

add.JPG

Refer to XSCT user guide https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug1208-xsct-reference-guide.pdf 

You can refer to this thread as well https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Configuration/Multiple-hw-server-instances-on-same-PC/td-p/749154 

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Harshit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Observer morsergi
Observer

Thanks for your feedback this helps me a lot. 

I have another question. It is possible by knowing the Serial Port (COM3) obtain the identifier of the target? 

Thanks,

Sergi

0 Kudos
Observer morsergi
Observer

Hello again,

I am simulation a rs-232 using the usb-uart of the Arty. So how can I obtain the hw target sending a tcl command through the COM4? Or how can I send a tcl command specifying this PORT COM?

Captura.PNG

I have been looking for some information but I could not find something..

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I haven't tried this before so not sure what can be done to accomplish this.
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos