Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Spartan6/Dual-Purpose Configuration Pins/SPI-Flash/User I/O /Pull-Down

Hello,

I have build a PCB where I am able to program from Impact Software successfully, using FLASH-SPI Master configuration using a BGA 196 Spartan 6 Package. From ug380 pdf, page 76 it claims that they are Dual-Purpose pins which I used as I/O pins for a design. In addition, from ug385 pdf, page 38 the pins that I have used are label as "IO_L64N_D9_2" (P3) and "IO_L49N_D4_2" (P5).  Those two pins are used for Pull-Up network push buttons, however they don't work properly. They are constantly pull-down, although I am using those two pins (P3,P5) as input logic in my VHDL code. 

My question is, can I program those two pins (P3,P5) to be in FLOAT state after the configuration is done?
I would like to use these two pins ONLY as user input purpose. 

Thank you,
inoth79

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

This reply concerns all the newbies just like me, as it turns out you can use this type of pins I have mentioned above and for my PCB design a pin from VCCO_2 bank was shorted to GND from incorrectly soldering a mosfet IC. Once I fixed that short, all the pins from VCCO_2 worked fine. I hope this post can help someone because I haven't received any suggestions related to this problem. Thus, Dual-Purpose Configuration pins can be used after booting Spartan 6, although they are some posts in this community claiming that you can not.