UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor yashu@ar
Visitor

USB 3.0 device feasibility with GTX/GTH transreceivers

Hi,

I want to develop a USB 3.0 PHY with Xilinx GTX/GTH transceivers  in FPGA which can support USB LFPS signals and we can do link-up between USB 3.0 device and FPGA, 

So IS this development feasible with Xilinx GTX/GTH transceivers or do we have any other alternative for developing same,

also, we cant use any phy chip which is NRND.

Please suggest which Xilinx FPGA gives its best possibility.

your valuable comments will help us.

Regards

-Yashu

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: USB 3.0 device feasibility with GTX/GTH transreceivers

I guess any Artix-7 is up to that. But, honestly, I would just use a Zynq with USB 3 already there. Unless you want to enter the wheel market with your reinvented wheels

0 Kudos
Visitor yashu@ar
Visitor

Thanks for your reply,
Actually, as far as i know, we may get full USB 3.0 IP(including protocol layer) while using Zync, but we need only PHY layer of USB 3.0 .
Also in Artix-7 , i cannot able to find any predefined option for USB 3.0 while generating GTX ,
if using Artix-7 ,how can i generate the LFPR signals with GTX ?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Visitor yashu@ar
Visitor

sorry , just to clear by I meant LFPS signal(OOB) "Low-frequency Periodic signal" required for USB.
0 Kudos

If the Transceivers Wizard doesn't have settings for USB, I'm afraid you are doomed to an external PHY.

0 Kudos