Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yogie
Visitor
Visitor

Upon enabling of encryption, unable to program device via JTAG

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using Diligent Basys 3 board. When i load a clear bitstream into the Basys 3 board via JTAG, it works perfectly fine and the LED lights up. I can also observe the DONE PIN = '1'. Now, when i turn on the encryption command:

set_property BITSTREAM.ENCRYPTION.ENCRYPT YES [current_design]

or enabling via the GUI on Vivado and after generating the bitstream successfully, i am unable to program the encrypted bitstream into the board. It gives a common error which i have seen posted on the forum, I think the issue with mine seems to be different from the rest of those posted on the forum.

I am able to burn the random generated key created by Vivado into the BBRAM but when loading 

the bitstream, it gives the following error messages: 

ERROR: [Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'program_hw_devices' failed due to earlier errors.

Would be grateful if someone could guide me on what might be the issue and how do i resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Boot StatusBoot StatusConfig StatusConfig Status

Tcl Message.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iguo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

bad packet error means FPGA did not recognize the data correctly. Maybe something wrong when you programmed the key into BBRAM.

Follow the guidance here:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1239-fpga-bitstream-encryption.pdf

See if it works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
iguo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

bad packet error means FPGA did not recognize the data correctly. Maybe something wrong when you programmed the key into BBRAM.

Follow the guidance here:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1239-fpga-bitstream-encryption.pdf

See if it works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos