cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

V6 LX240T SPI flash N25Q256 Problem

hi~everyone.

i found impact14.7 support 256mb flash named n25Q256 in its drop-down list~I am not sure it can work or not~because i didnt find N25Q256 be supported in list,show as:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/pim_c_introduction_indirect_programming.htm

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @qazasdwsx,

On the same link which you have posted, if you check table iMPACT SPI Flash Programming Support for Virtex and Spartan FPGA Family, you will find that N25Q family of flashes are supported with Virtex-6 devices. You can also cross check at

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/pim_r_supported_spi_bpi_proms.htm

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

@ashishd

hi~thaks for your replay~~

yes ~i am sure N25 is supported by v6~ but i am not sure N25Q256 supported or not becasue its 256Mbit,

but the link i posed ~~it says 32Mb – 128Mb is support ~~not 256Mb

but in impact 14.7 drop-down list N25Q256 is supported~~so ~~~~~i am confused

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @qazasdwsx,

Yes you are correct that N25Q256 can be selected in the flash list in iMPACT, but it is not in the support list in Help document.

So you can use this flash but the condition is your image size should be below 128Mb. You need to skip IDCODE check and then program the flash to configure the FPGA.

To do this, you need to set below environment variable 

XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK=1

which will bypass the IDCODE check for this flash and allow the iMPACT tool to program the flash.

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

@ashishd

yes~~but my mcs file size is over 128Mb,about 24.2MBytes~~how can i do?

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

anyone help me ?

0 Kudos

Please check if you can use flash writer from SDK tool. To do this, you will need a embedded design. Since V6 240T is also present on ML605, you can find some reference designs for this board.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi qazasdwsx

do you see any issue while programming the 256 mb n25q256 spi flash from impact?

--Krishna

0 Kudos