UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer digieng
Observer

VCCBATT eFUSE

I would like to use the eFUSE key AES encryption method. Is there a preference in this situation as to whether VCCBATT is tied to VCCAUX or GND. I understand that VCCBATT is for battery backed BRAM but I just wanted to check that this wouldn't be and issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: VCCBATT eFUSE

VCCBATT is the battery backup supply for the FPGA's internal volatile memory that stores the key for the AES decryptor. For encrypted bitstreams that require the decryptor key from the volatile key memory area, connect this pin to a battery to preserve the key when the FPGA is unpowered. If there is no requirement to use the decryptor key from the volatile key storage area, connect this pin to GND or VCCAUX. The pin name includes the "_0" bank designation but it is not an I/O and not affected by VCCO_0.

In your case you wish to use eFUSE key  instead of the key stored in battery-backed SRAM. So you can connect VCCBATT either to GND or VCCAUX. No issues. 

Please refer http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug470_7Series_Config.pdf for more details about configuration details

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.