Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

WARNING:iMPACT:923 cann't find JTAG cable on using ISE14.7, WIN10

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am still getting this problem,have u have a definate answer to it now?

I have done everything according to AR#54381(uninstall and re-install) but didn't help. this picture shows that the driver is actually well installed.

11.jpg

I have also a vivado 2016.4 installed, which can download bit file to FPGA well.

is this some way that u are sweeping out ISE users?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Participant
I have fixed the problem. and my guess is right, it is because the 64bit ISE is not properly installed. I followed this : Open the following directory: C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\lib\nt64 Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig Make a copy of libPortabilityNOSH.dll (copy and paste it to the same directory) and rename it libPortability.dll Copy libPortabilityNOSH.dll again, but this time navigate to C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\common\lib\nt64 and paste it there In C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\common\lib\nt64 Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig Rename libPortabilityNOSH.dll to libPortability.dll now I can use the 64bit ISE and download bit fine. thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Can you check if the default cable setup for ISE is Digilent by any chance?
Use Impact> output> Cable setup> Set it to the platform cable.

If you can use for Vivado then Impact should be able to detect the cable.

Does the LED goes green?

Thanks
Harshit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

yes, the led is green.

无标题.jpg

无标题.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Is this a Spartan 6 version of ISE supported on Windows 10? Then you should be using Spartan 6.

Next try to select platform cable II instead of platform cable IV.

- Harshit
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant
hi, sorry for the delay. when i select platform cable II , there is nothing in the "port" combobox. On other computers, i can see USB1 and select the port speed.
捕获.JPG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

another behavior that might be related to this issue is that after install, I cann't open the 64bit ISE and and cann't open impact alone. I can just open the 32bit ISE and open impact within ISE.

so i guess https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54381.html cann't help me, because all the install and uninstall are in the n64 folder. but if I try to do the similar install/uninstall command, some errors will come out, telling me that i am not allowed to execute a x86 command on the x64 platform

F:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\bin\nt>wdreg -inf windrvr6.inf install
WDREG utility v10.21. Build Aug 31 2010 14:42:01
Error: Cannot run an x86 build of this utility on x64 platform.
Error: Initializing driver failed

F:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\bin\nt> wdreg -inf xusbdrvr.inf install
WDREG utility v10.21. Build Aug 31 2010 14:42:01
Error: Cannot run an x86 build of this utility on x64 platform.
Error: Initializing driver failed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant
I have fixed the problem. and my guess is right, it is because the 64bit ISE is not properly installed. I followed this : Open the following directory: C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\lib\nt64 Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig Make a copy of libPortabilityNOSH.dll (copy and paste it to the same directory) and rename it libPortability.dll Copy libPortabilityNOSH.dll again, but this time navigate to C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\common\lib\nt64 and paste it there In C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\common\lib\nt64 Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig Rename libPortabilityNOSH.dll to libPortability.dll now I can use the 64bit ISE and download bit fine. thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos