cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Who do I rewrite the SPI configuration flash though the tandem boot PCIe port of a Virtex-7.

Jump to solution

I have a large PCIe board design that uses a Virtex-7 (XC7VX330TFFG1761-2) as the PCIe interface (using tandem boot),  I'd like to be able to rewrite the Virtex's SPI configuration flash by sending a new bit file from the PCIe interface to the SPI flash, but all the SPI pins are marked as prohibited in I/O planning.  How do I get around this problem and write to the flash from the PCIe interface.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

if you are using tandem prom configuration than you will not be able to access the configuration flash from logic as persist option is enabled. check the user guide page 172/173 from the link

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/pcie_7x/v3_3/pg054-7series-pcie.pdf

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Instantiate the Axi Quad SPI with the Option STARTUPE2. The pins (mostly CCLK, as the rest is a regular Bank) can be accessed through the STARTUPE2 primitive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Do I need to disable the STARTUP primitive in the PCIe core to do this? What about the configuration Persist requirment of the Tandem PROM?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

if you are using tandem prom configuration than you will not be able to access the configuration flash from logic as persist option is enabled. check the user guide page 172/173 from the link

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/pcie_7x/v3_3/pg054-7series-pcie.pdf

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

That's what I was afraid of.  Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos