UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor iceyo
Visitor

Workaround for FPGA_DONE pin connecting to GND ?

Jump to solution

Dear all,

We have this custom board somehow with this mistake. The done pin is connected directly to the GND, no resistor in between.

of course we had this error after programing the device through JTAG. which is "End of startup status: LOW"

I have tried the settings->bitstream->startup->"wait on the done pin to go high" to a NO. 

I got the same error, but the FPGA seemed to be programmed succesfully. 

The problem is, with this error, I can not get to the debug UI. Hope somebody can help us to further bypass the error.

Best regards.

Bing

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Workaround for FPGA_DONE pin connecting to GND ?

Jump to solution

I'm afraid there is no way to work around this. 

Internal Config logic relies on the detection of this pin for a HIGH voltage and then it continues the Startup phase. If it detects a LOW, it simply stops.

You must cut off the trace between DONE and GND ( if you could). Then you can use bitstream setting 'drive DONE pin high' , drive from internal logic to make FPGA work. No need to add an external pullup.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I'm afraid there is no way to work around this. 

Internal Config logic relies on the detection of this pin for a HIGH voltage and then it continues the Startup phase. If it detects a LOW, it simply stops.

You must cut off the trace between DONE and GND ( if you could). Then you can use bitstream setting 'drive DONE pin high' , drive from internal logic to make FPGA work. No need to add an external pullup.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Visitor iceyo
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks. 

0 Kudos