UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Write a .bit to a SPI Flash memory from the microblaze

I'd like to send the content of a .bit file over Ethernet and write it in the SPI configuration memory starting at a specified start address. This should have the same effect as programming the flash memory directy from Vivado. The reason why I want this feature is that I will comminicate with up to 30 FPGAs from a computer, and I dont want to program all of them individually.

My question is, what exactly do I have to write to the memory? Can I simply manually write the entire content of a .bit file starting at the desired address in the config memory?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Write a .bit to a SPI Flash memory from the microblaze

Also, I would like to know if this is a bad idea for some reason. What I plan to do is to combine this method of reprogramming the FPGAs with a multiboot system to fallback to a golden .bit if needed. Of course if for some reason the uploaded .bit breaks the ethernet functionality the cards would have to be reprogrammed one by one with a JTAG programmer but I can live with that.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Write a .bit to a SPI Flash memory from the microblaze

Why don't you consider programming flash with .bin file?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos