Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdo
Visitor
Visitor

XAPP1231 with newer Vivado versions

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am following the XAPP1231 application note but would like to port it to a custom board based on a Ultrascale+ ( xczu6eg precisely ) as we want to implement it on that board and do not have an evaluation board at hand.

This part is only supported from Vivado 2015 onward but I could not find a version of the template reference design working on a different Vivado version than 2014.4. Is there such a thing or do I have to rebuild the entire project by hand in a newer version ?

When trying to synthetize the reference design a newer Vivado version, I get Synth 8-448 errors complaining about missing ports (full log is attached)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miker
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@sdo 

You may want to reference the Vivado 2020.1 - Dynamic Function eXchange (DFX) Design Hub which includes many references for the current state of Dynamic Function eXchange (previously referred to as Partial Reconfiguration).

You might also consider Vitis Application Acceleration for targeting Hardware Accelerator's (kernels) to Programmable Logic using DFX.

There are some references you might be interested in as well:

• Vivado Design Suite Dynamic Function eXchange User Guide (UG909; v2020.1)
  • Vivado Design Suite Dynamic Function eXchange Tutorial (UG947; v2020.1)
Please Reply, Kudos, and Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
miker
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@sdo 

You may want to reference the Vivado 2020.1 - Dynamic Function eXchange (DFX) Design Hub which includes many references for the current state of Dynamic Function eXchange (previously referred to as Partial Reconfiguration).

You might also consider Vitis Application Acceleration for targeting Hardware Accelerator's (kernels) to Programmable Logic using DFX.

There are some references you might be interested in as well:

• Vivado Design Suite Dynamic Function eXchange User Guide (UG909; v2020.1)
  • Vivado Design Suite Dynamic Function eXchange Tutorial (UG947; v2020.1)
Please Reply, Kudos, and Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post