cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

XCF04SVOG20C Obsolescence

Jump to solution

Hello Team, 

I am here to obtain info regarding the obsolescence of part XCF04SVOG20C, which we use to configure the Spartan 3E - XC3S500E FPGA programming. I want to know if there is a direct lead-free replacement for the above mentioned part.

And if there is no direct replacement for the part, can the 8Mbit, 16Mbit or 32Mbit EEPROMs be used with Spartan 3E - XC3S500E FPGA.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Vinayaka_Magaji 

Yes, there are no compatible replacements for this XCF04SVOG20C affected part number. Xilinx recommend to properly forecast and place early order. Refer to Appendix A in https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/customer_notices/XCN20013.pdf 

Please make sure to go through Key Dates and Ordering Information from same document.

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Same issue here. In our case for Spartan-6 XC6SLX9-2TQG144I

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Vinayaka_Magaji 

Yes, there are no compatible replacements for this XCF04SVOG20C affected part number. Xilinx recommend to properly forecast and place early order. Refer to Appendix A in https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/customer_notices/XCN20013.pdf 

Please make sure to go through Key Dates and Ordering Information from same document.

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Bhushan

Do Xilinx have a plan to provide support for the countless designs that are using these PROM devices?

Rather than a complete re-design of our control board which uses a Spartan 6 with XCF04 PROM, surely you have an alternative in place as you are still selling Spartan 6 devices?

Regards

Duncan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

For Xilinx Employee:

Please update list for SPI Flash supported by iMPACT, which appeared on UG 380/44 page/Notes 13.

I decided move to SPI configuration with board change, but listed part on chart is too old and discontinued also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

jenoki@jeol.co.jp 

You will find a little more information about iMPACT supported flash on the following site:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/70681.html

Cheers,
Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Have been reading through this thread and still don't see a solid answer on the recommended way to program Spartan 6 devices given the impending obsolescence of the XCF devices

Reading through UG380 https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug380.pdf and I see it has not been updated to reflect the XCF device obsolescence.  Master serial mode and select map mode descriptions still document the use of this part.

It looks to me right now that xilinx is selling a part (spartan 6) with no available xilinx part to program it.  Am I missing something?  Or are we now required to use a 3rd party Atmel or Micrel SPI flash part?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@coxbrianm 

It looks to me right now that xilinx is selling a part (spartan 6) with no available xilinx part to program it.  Am I missing something?  Or are we now required to use a 3rd party Atmel or Micrel SPI flash part?

It is very common to use flash memory from other vendors for configuring Xilinx FPGAs.  Please see AR#70681 for instructions on how to identify flash memory from other vendors that Xilinx has approved for use with the Spartan-6.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi

Looking through the document XCN20013 I see that part number 

>> XCF04SVO20C and XCF02SVO20C  << (the non lead free variants) are NOT listed as being obsolete.

Digikey and Mouser and AVNET all show this as an active part.

Not being very knowledgeable about Xilinx products I am looking for guidance as to if this part is truly an active part and if it is a direct (but non RoHS) replacement.

Thanks

Sarmad

0 Kudos