02-29-2016 02:39 AM
we are using XILINX 10.1 and IMPACT 10.1( windows xp professional version 2002 servicepack2).
with this IMPACT 10.1,we are trying to load bit file in to XC3S50ANTQG144I ( batch code 1517) but the FPGA’S are not getting programmed. we are getting a error of SPI DEVICE NOT FOUND.Suggest me how to load bit file in FPGA FLASH of new 2MB flash XILINX part (XC3S50ANTQG144I )without getting error/ failure.
02-29-2016 06:19 AM
Following solution record should your issues,
download the 14.7 impact tool(lab programmer) from download section and apply the patch mentioned in the above solution record
03-03-2016 03:42 AM
hi krishna ,
we tried in xilinx 14.7/impact14.7 webpack by adding patch file . even though we are getting error SPI DEVICE NOT FOUND.
we are programming by jtag lines . is there any hardware design change required for programming . please suggest me to resolve this problem. please provide step wise screeen shots for loading bit file by using xilinx 14.7/ impact14.7 without getting error.
03-03-2016 04:08 AM
@jalandhar It should work. Can you please post the impact.log here? Are you sure patch is been correctly applied?
03-03-2016 09:09 PM
03-03-2016 11:20 PM
@jalandhar Do you have env variable set? I am not sure if you have followed the correct procedure.
The ISE iMPACT Design/Lab Tools patch consists of two parts:
- New spi.acd file
- Recommended usage procedure
Recommended installation for the patch:
1. Create a directory for the patch.
For example, if your installation of the Xilinx ISE Design Tools is located at
And the XILINX environment variable is set to
Then create the C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE_XCN14003_patch\data directory path and copy the spi.acd patch file to this directory such that the spi.acd patch file is located at
2. set the following environment variable: set MYXILINX=C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE_XCN14003_patch
Check for correct patch installation--You should have:
1. Patch file located at C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE_XCN14003_patch\data\spi.acd
2. These environment variables set:
XILINX=C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE (or your ISE installation location, if different than the default installation path)
Note: DO NOT DELETE the original spi.acd file.
The original spi.acd file is required for programming the original XC3S50AN-TQ(G)144 devices.
The original spi.acd file should still be located in the data directory of your ISE installation, e.g. at C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\data\spi.acd
The use of the patch will need to be enabled or disabled via the definition or omission of the MYXILINX environment variable to support programming of new XCN14003 devices or original devices.
One method for switching between iMPACT tool sessions that can program the original XC3S50AN-TQ(G)144 devices or new XCN14003 XC3S50AN-TQ(G)144 devices is as follows:
1. Open a Windows Command Prompt
2. Clear the MYXILINX environment variable (e.g. set MYXILINX=)
3. Start impact.exe
4. Follow the standard iMPACT procedure for programming your XC3S50AN-TQ(G)144 device.
5. If iMPACT fails programming and reports the following message, then continue to step 6 because iMPACT did not recognize the device ID of the new in-system flash:
INFO:iMPACT - SPI Device not found.
6. Close impact.exe
7. Set the MYXILINX environment variable to point to the base location of the patch (shown in the patch installation instructions above), e.g. set MYXILINX=C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE_XCN14003_patch
8. Start impact.exe
9. Follow the standard iMPACT procedure for programming your XC3S50AN-TQ(G)144 device.
A modification is required for SVF, STAPL, XSVF, or ACE files that program XC3S50AN-TQ(G)144 devices.
A Perl script is provided for making the SVF or STAPL file modification: xc3s50an_svf_stapl_fix_for_xcn14003.pl
The Perl script takes an input SVF or STAPL file and outputs a modified version of the file. The modified version is compatible with both original XC3S50AN-TQ(G)144 devices and new XCN14003 devices. The Perl script simply removes the in-system flash density code checks in the SVF or STAPL file.