UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer xieyuanlu
Observer

Xilinx configuration simulation model (SIM_CONFIG) download URL unavailable ?

Jump to solution

I'm currently planning a Kintex-7 system. While reading "7 Series FPGAs Configuration User Guide" UG470 (v1.13.1) August 20, 2018, on page 20 it says:

The configuration simulation model (SIM_CONFIG) allows supported configuration
interfaces to be simulated. This is a model of how the supported devices react to stimulus
on the configuration interface. For more information, see UG626, Synthesis and Simulation
Design Guide.

Doing a simulation of FPGA configuration before I build the PCB board can save large amounts of trouble and money, so I happily & quickly turned to "Synthesis and Simulation Design Guide" UG626 (v 14.1) May 8, 2012, and on page 119 it offers an URL:

ftp://ftp.xilinx.com/pub/documentation/misc/config_test_bench.zip

But unfortunately this link is unavailable now. Can anyone please tell me where to download the configuration simulation model? Thanks in advance ~~

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Xilinx configuration simulation model (SIM_CONFIG) download URL unavailable ?

Jump to solution

1, In Xilinx "UG626 (v 14.4) December 18, 2012" document, on page 119 the "Block Diagram of Model Interaction" seems empty, are you missing something in the doc?

What do you mean? 

2. Yes. This doc is really old so it does not add 7 series.

Anyhow, I should tell you, we seldom run Configuration simulation. Whether or not a Configuration can run successful depends on the SI of the board and if:

1. Schematic follows Xilinx's recommendation; (you can download the schematic of a Dev board for reference).

2. Generate the config image correctly.

The Configuration will be no problem. Simulation cannot tell much here.

Ivy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Xilinx configuration simulation model (SIM_CONFIG) download URL unavailable ?

Jump to solution

http://www.xilinx.com/txpatches/pub/documentation/misc/confg_test_bench.zip

Here is the link that works. Make sure you download the newest version of the doc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer xieyuanlu
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

1, In Xilinx "UG626 (v 14.4) December 18, 2012" document, on page 119 the "Block Diagram of Model Interaction" seems empty, are you missing something in the doc?

What do you mean? 

2. Yes. This doc is really old so it does not add 7 series.

Anyhow, I should tell you, we seldom run Configuration simulation. Whether or not a Configuration can run successful depends on the SI of the board and if:

1. Schematic follows Xilinx's recommendation; (you can download the schematic of a Dev board for reference).

2. Generate the config image correctly.

The Configuration will be no problem. Simulation cannot tell much here.

Ivy

View solution in original post

Observer xieyuanlu
Observer

Jump to solution

1, By saying that in ug626 the "'Block Diagram of Model Interaction' seems empty", I mean that, it seems there should be a Figure of the Block Diagram here, but the doc does not have this figure at this location, so I said it's "empty".
2, Thanks for your recommendation; I'm working on custom-designed configuration scheme, and sometimes specific stuffs like WatchDog timer really frustrates me, this is why I wanted a simulation model for FPGA configuration.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

OK.

BTW, I don't think you can get clear picture from simulation about how WDT works. Investigate the Configuration User Guide and test on board would be a better way. You can post questions when there is a necessary.

Anyhow, you can run simulation of course. It should give some clues.

Observer xieyuanlu
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi iguo,
Your explanations are crystal clear; I will read the Configuration User Guide thoroughly and test it on board. Thanks!

0 Kudos