cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srthisted

iMPACT failure to connect to Xilinx Platform Cable USB II

Hi, 

I am having problem connecting my platform cable USB II with iMPACT. I get following error message: "WARING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup".

However, the device work on another machine of mine, thereby, the fault does not lay within the Platform Cable USB II.

My computer detect the cable, but iMPACT cannot connect to it.

I have tried following AR# 41442 and AR# 44397, where I try to reinstall the cable driver, but the same problem occurs.

Furthermore, I have tried the "Establishing a Connection" in accordance with the official Platform Cable USB II Data Sheet, but with not much success. 

Can anyone help me?

1.PNG
2.PNG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
iguo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

the device work on another machine of mine - what do you mean by this? How the device was connected to the other machnie? Another cable?

The error messgae is pretty clear actually, power rail for the Cable is incorrect. The defective point may be with the cable or with the PC, or the board ( if you said the board is good with another cable/pc, then check the first two items)。

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Srthisted

Hi,

I mean that the USB Platform Cable works on another computer of mine with the iMPACT program. Therefore, it does not seem likely the problem is with the cable. Furthemore, i have not found a problem with the computer - the computer work with CCS Device Programmer without any problems.  

0 Kudos