10-07-2019 11:23 AM
Using Impact on linux ISE 14.7 . IMPACT window opens up fine, but when I try to do a right click and choose any of the items in the menu, such as Initialize chain or Cable Setup, the window disappears. Have seen segmentation fault in terminal window on a couple of occasions.
This was working a few weeks ago.
10-07-2019 11:33 AM
If you are working under a Windows 10 environment, try the following:
1. Connect cable to PC/Laptop.
2. In device manager if cable is detected uninstall and delete driver of cable.
3. Now after connecting cable, it should show unidentified device.
4. Remove platform USB cable
5. Navigate to "C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\common\bin\nt64" for 64-bit installs or "C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\common\bin\\nt" on 32-bit installs.(using Command Prompt in administrator mode)
6. Run wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf uninstall
7. Run wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf install
8. Connect the Xilinx USB cable.
10-07-2019 11:58 AM
Thanks, but not working in windows 10 environment, using RH linux now. Was working with a Digilent cable before.
I was trying on Windows 10 PC earlier, but could never get USB to detect JTAG cable. I'll try what you suggested below using Xilinx USB Platform cable.
10-07-2019 12:22 PM
10-07-2019 12:27 PM
10-07-2019 12:42 PM
10-08-2019 10:21 AM
Scroll all the way down on this page and see if their solution works for you:
Also you can check out this page on this guide:
Also you can try reinstalling the cable drovers by following this AR: