UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie dnfestivi

k-7 FPGA can not configure via spi x4 flash

Dear xilinx:

I have a design for the Kintex 7 in the FFG676 package and i debug my fpga is ok with jtag interface.

And i downloads to spi x4 flash,then reset fpga,and fpga can not load bit successfully.

i check UG490,when power up,fpga will transfer opcode(8-bit read command) on data line of spi interface.

i check timing of spi interface,all of them is ok but d[4:0] have nothing,no read command appears on the data lines.

please help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar brimdavis
Scholar

Re: k-7 FPGA can not configure via spi x4 flash

@dnfestivi   "my fpga is ok with jtag interface. And i downloads to spi x4 flash,then reset fpga,and fpga can not load bit successfully. "

Some things to check:

- make sure you have the mode pins correctly set for master SPI configuration

- disconnect the JTAG cable before SPI boot ( a running instance of the JTAG  hw_server can disrupt a SPI configuration[1] )

The following document on 7-Series SPI configuration might also be useful:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp586-spi-flash.pdf

-Brian

[1] AR# 66954 2016.1 and newer Vivado Hardware Manager - Intermittent configuration failures can occur when the FPGA is power cycled and the programming cable is connected.
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66954.html

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: k-7 FPGA can not configure via spi x4 flash

Hi dnfestivi,

I think the doc you read is UG470.

There're some suggestions for you to debug this issue.

1. what do you mean by "reset fpga"? Can you try to power cycle the FPGA?

2. As brimdavis

3. If after power cycle, it still cannot boot. Can you try to reload the bin/mcs file into Flash via Vivado, and make enable blank check, verify and checksum verify options. To check if bin/mcs loading into Flash successfully.

4. If step3 passed, pls read back the configuration register value after boot failed and post it out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos