cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

multiboot configuration

i am using cypress S29GL01GS11TFIV10 BPI as configuration flash with artix 7 series FPGA. i want to always load bit file from the second sector location of config flash to fpga. for that RS[1:0] is connected with A[25:24] of the flash memory with RS[0] connected to ground and RS[1] connected to Vcc .

am i right with my design? can any one tell me how to configure bpi flash always load bit file from fixed location by using RS pins without going fallback or load any other bit file?

S29GL01GS11TFIV10 - 25 address line

address locations 0000000h–3FFFFFFh

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

RS can only help you boot from another location at power up. Do you mean you want to disable fallback? Why you design like this? Is there an image at default address zero?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the reply

i have two hardware with two separate mcs file. Suppose one file is in default address zero location and second is in second sector address location.i always wanted to configure from second sector and at any cost it does not configure from default address zero location. for that how can i make my RS pins ?

0 Kudos