Jump to solution

what is the meaning of Maximum I/Os in SP601 LX16 CSG324 package

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joancab
Mentor
Mentor

The "maximum I/Os" you find in the chip datasheet is the number of pins that can be used as I/Os.

In a development board, not all I/Os may be connected to something and some of them are used to interface peripherals like Ethernet or USB, so if by "I/O" in a development board you understand the protocol-less pins in a pin header or PMOD, obviously there are less.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
8 Replies
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

There are only so many pins (balls) on the device that you can route signals to or from.  Some pins are dedicated for power and configuration.  The rest may be used for user IO.

drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Can you share a reference to where your looking please

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Afss
Visitor
Visitor

Please see the attachment

InpOut.png
0 Kudos
Afss
Visitor
Visitor

Hi

So in SP601 user guide, the maximum I/Os given as 232. 

But in SP601 evaluation board i cant see this much of pins to feed and take the signals from the board

InpOut.png
0 Kudos
joancab
Mentor
Mentor

The "maximum I/Os" you find in the chip datasheet is the number of pins that can be used as I/Os.

In a development board, not all I/Os may be connected to something and some of them are used to interface peripherals like Ethernet or USB, so if by "I/O" in a development board you understand the protocol-less pins in a pin header or PMOD, obviously there are less.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
Afss
Visitor
Visitor

Now it is clear.

But which term is used in the user guide to identify the actual number of pins for ADC and DAC?

(Device SP601 Spartan 6 LX16)

0 Kudos
joancab
Mentor
Mentor

I don't think they use a specific term for these pins connected to peripherals. All development boards have their schematic available so you can count how many connections.

Afss
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for clarifying my doubts

0 Kudos