UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar golson
Scholar

BPI Interfacing

Hi,

I have some questions about creating a BPI interface in a FPGA design.  Does the UCF file assign the nets for the BPI interface?

Is there a example Design with a BPI interface to take a look at?

Thank You

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Re: BPI Interfacing

Does the UCF file assign the nets for the BPI interface?

• Before configuration is completed, NO.
  • After configuration is completed, the UCF file assigns the package pins for the ports in your design.  If you want your design to access BPI memory which is also used for configuration memory, the UCF pin assignments should match the configuration interface pin usage.

If you want to know more about board-level connections for configuring your FPGA from BPI memory, you should consult the Configuration User Guide for the FPGA device family you are using.  You will find good examples and diagrams in these user guide docs.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
Scholar golson
Scholar

Re: BPI Interfacing

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the good explanation.

Gary

0 Kudos