UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie octane

Beginner : install question

Hello, this is maybe a trivial question, but I'm a little lost.

I have to read a .ngr file. I saw that http://www.xilinx.com/itp/xilinx10/isehelp/rtv_c_rtl_files.htm

So, I downloaded the full installer for linux

I launch the xsetup, I keep the defaults, I ask for a free trial 30-day license, installers finish, and nothing. No icons on desktop, no new menus.

so, Here's my question, what do I do next to launch something capable to open my ngr file?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher eilert
Teacher

Re: Beginner : install question

Hi,

which OS version and distribution do you have installed.

Officially only some Redhat and Suse versions are supported.

However most things are known to work well on Debian based systems.

Still there can be tricky little problems with some very basic things (like /bin/sh links to dash instead of bash etc.).

Also, for the beginning, it might be better to chose the webpack installation instead of the 30-day trial.

The Webpack only supports a limited range of devices but is fully operational without time limit.

But all of this assumed that the installation failed.

Actually, on a linux system you won't get any icons etc..

So if the installer finished without errors, you will find a xilinx directory at your installation path, containing all the programs and data. And there are also some scripts (for 32 and 64 bit systems and for bash and csh). you need to run these to have the the environment variables set, then you can start the tools via command line. Of course they come up with a gui, so don't worry about that.

Once you've found out how to start the project navigator (pn) you can write a little script that can be started via some launcher-icon from your prefered desktop.

For details read the installation guide and provided readme files.

Regards

Eilert

0 Kudos
Visitor nm525
Visitor

Re: Beginner : install question

If you have done the default location on Fedora as in my case

You should find the appropriate settings64.sh (based on your system 32 or 64 bit) and source it on the terminal

source /opt/Xilinx/{version number}/ISE_DS/settings64.sh

then the path and variables will be set, then you can try running any one of the following based on your edition

ise

xps

PlanAhead

HTH

0 Kudos