UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jonesxu
Visitor

Can I set the configuration clock for indirect downloading

When I use indirect downloading, the speed is very slow during the process that FPGA get data from EEPROM. Can I set a faster clock to speed up the process?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Re: Can I speed up indirect programming from JTAG?

If you are referring to indirect programming of configuration memory from the JTAG port (e.g. USB Platform Cable), I do not know the answer.  Presumably this is done infrequently in design development, and an alternate approach is taken on the production line.

On the other hand, the master serial clock (aka CCLK) generated by the FPGA in the process of (master mode) configuration is programmable.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Visitor jonesxu
Visitor

Re: Can I set the configuration clock for indirect downloading

And how to configure this? Sorry

0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Bitgen ConfigRate setting.  In ISE:

• click on Generate Programming File in the Processes pane.
  • Right-click to select Process Properties.
  • Select Configuration Options.
  • ConfigRate appears in the options list.

Remember:  the Configuration rate is a nominal value with a -/- 50% tolerance (for Spartan-6).  If max desired frequency is 24MHz, you must select a nominal frequency of 16MHz or lower.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Visitor jonesxu
Visitor

Have found this. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos