cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enw7236
Visitor
Visitor

Cant synthesize/run simulation even though I have loaded a license

I have downloaded Vivado (twice) for use in my digital design class. I obtained a webpack activation license and it was successfully loaded to Vivado. After I wrote my mod and sim, I attempted to synthesize/simulate my code and I get an error message saying it failed. In the TCL console it says I don't have a license. 

I have Avast antivirus on my computer and when I went to synthesize it ran some kind of scan (it happened very quickly and I was unable to read what it was). The first time I downloaded Vivado and attempted simulation, the scan completed in its entirety and I was unable (after many attempts) to get it to successfully simulate or synthesize (I turned off the antivirus entirely in my subsequent attempts). After an uninstall, new account and new download, Avast attempted this scan again and I hit "abort" before it had a chance to finish. I am still encountering the same issue.

any help is very much appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @enw7236

Share the generated ouptut file after running the following tcl command in Vivado Tcl console: report_enviornment -file env.txt

Also share the output of the following command: xlicclientmgr -v "format=long"

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
ewilson0519

I have attached a screenshot of the xcclientmgr report. It may be useful to know I have SolidWorks installed on my computer which also uses FlexNet for its licensing.

#-----------------------------------------------------------
# Vivado v2015.2 (64-bit)
# SW Build 1266856 on Fri Jun 26 16:35:25 MDT 2015
# IP Build 1264090 on Wed Jun 24 14:22:01 MDT 2015
# Start of session at: Fri Sep 18 10:15:15 2015
# Process ID: 4308
# Log file: C:/Users/Erin/Documents/Vivado/lab1/lab1.runs/synth_1/lab1mod.vds
# Journal file: C:/Users/Erin/Documents/Vivado/lab1/lab1.runs/synth_1\vivado.jou
#-----------------------------------------------------------
source lab1mod.tcl -notrace
Command: synth_design -top lab1mod -part xc7a35tcpg236-1
Starting synth_design
Attempting to get a license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'
WARNING: [Common 17-348] Failed to get the license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'
0 Infos, 1 Warnings, 0 Critical Warnings and 1 Errors encountered.
synth_design failed
ERROR: [Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining
which features and devices are licensed for your system.
Resolution: Check the status of your licenses in the Vivado License Manager. For debug help search Xilinx Support for "Licensing FAQ".
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting Vivado at Fri Sep 18 10:15:19 2015...

cmdfile.JPG
0 Kudos