UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

DLC9G platform cable USB on my Windows 7 - Error when installing device driver

Hi All,

I encountered some issues when trying to use DLC9G platform cable USB on my Windows 7 professional laptop. I have ISE Design Suite 10.1 installed.

I have attached screenshot of the device driver that failed to install (I am not sure why there is a XILINX on 2nd device driver step)..

Anyone succesfully use DLC9G on Windows 7? I have tried to download the latest UG344 but it didnt work too.

Handi

DLC9G.jpg
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DLC9G platform cable USB on my Windows 7 - Error when installing device driver

Windows7 is not a supported OS. 

However, there have been some reports that indicate running the tools in WinXP compatability mode does work.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DLC9G platform cable USB on my Windows 7 - Error when installing device driver

Will this new programmer can support windows 7?

http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/HW-USB-II-G.htm

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

There is no support for Windows 7 at this time for Xilinx cables or software.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I am using the ise 12.2 version and facing the same problem as mention in this post earlier.....

Now is windows 7 is supported with the xilinx usb cable.....

Thanks

Santosh

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The previous posts were about the 10.1 and 11.1 software versions.  The 12.1 software does have Windows 7 support you will need to have administrator priviledges when you install the software.

0 Kudos