Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

DocNav Change Request

Jump to solution

Could we give DocNav on Windows an option to use <user>\AppData\Roaming\Xilinx\DocNav rather than <user>\AppData\Local\Xilinx\DocNav to store settings or at least store downloads.xml?

I work on a network that uses roaming profiles and everytime I log out and back in the Local directory gets wiped which means I need to copy a backup of the settings stored at <user>\AppData\Local\Xilinx\DocNav from a network drive so DocNav knows I've downloaded PDFs.

Maybe you guys have a solution already? Is there a way I can just stick downloads.xml in the install directory of DocNav and have the program just copy from there to my profile when I run it? (Or maybe I can edit one of the settings batch files to do the copy?)

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @asm2750 

Here is the option that helps you. See below snapshot:

docnav_shared.PNG

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @asm2750 

Here is the option that helps you. See below snapshot:

docnav_shared.PNG

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I tried it but that still doesnt help. Since the folder at "<user>\AppData\Local\Xilinx\DocNav" gets wiped out after logging out of my workstation it pretty much resets the settings to what they were when I first installed it. I'll just write a batch file to just copy a complete version of downloads.xml to the folder before starting the application. 

0 Kudos