Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

DocNav Out of Date Catalog?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm running DocNav 1.2 with Adobe Air up-to-date. The main window says the catalog is update at version 2011.06.30. However, in the Catalog Manager, there is a 'Previous Version' 2011.07.26. With DocNav supposedly up to date, there are no 13.2 documents. If I 'Reset Catalog' the 13.2 documents become available, but DocNav claims to be out of date.

This happens on two separate Windows 7 PCs.

Any suggestions as to what's wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The problem with the catalog has been fixed. It will now show a new catalog version 2011.10.04 when you update the catalog.

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Noticed this on my machine also.

I've sent email to Jim Wu, we should hear from him later today.  Jim is pretty quick on finding and fixing problems.

Could be that this is a deliberate attempt to see how many Xilinx designers are DocNav users (and are paying attention).  If so, this is a pretty effective trigger mechanism.  (just kidding, Jim!)

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant
Thanks for your response, Bob. Glad in a way it's not just me! I'll await Jim's response
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I reported the problem to the DocNav team last night. They are working on publishing an updated catalog soon. For now you can revert back to the previous catalog by pressing the "Revert Catalog" button on the catalog update window (see the snapshot below) and ignore the catalog update status.

ScreenHunter_03.jpg

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant
Thanks, Jim.
Mike
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The problem with the catalog has been fixed. It will now show a new catalog version 2011.10.04 when you update the catalog.

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Indeed it has! Many thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

@eteam00 wrote:

Could be that this is a deliberate attempt to see how many Xilinx designers are DocNav users (and are paying attention).  If so, this is a pretty effective trigger mechanism.  (just kidding, Jim!)

Not a DocNav user, for two reasons:

a) Adobe Air? Fuggit.

b) Doesn't support the devices I'm using, so it's not helpful.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

It should be possible (and easy) to package Adobe Air applications for Mac OS X. I had a go at trying to launch/convert it manually, but had no success, lost interest, gave up, and went back to happily using a directory of PDFs that I can rapidly full-text search with Spotlight.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

It should be possible (and easy) to package Adobe Air applications for Mac OS X. I had a go at trying to launch/convert it manually, but had no success, lost interest, gave up, and went back to happily using a directory of PDFs that I can rapidly full-text search with Spotlight.

PC envy...

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos