UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher xilinxacct
Teacher

Enhancement Idea: Using FPGA to speed up synthesis and implementation

Jump to solution

Just curious…. Let’s say you have an Alveo or other high capability FPGAs… Couldn’t Xilinx utilize that horsepower to speed up the synthesis and implementation process? Using all those available gates to explore more paths, more optimization, etc...

This would seem to be a motivation for users to ‘buy’ higher ends cards/dev kits, be a marketing differentiator, and reduce the wait time for users.

If it were possible, I would certainly be interested in that offering.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Enhancement Idea: Using FPGA to speed up synthesis and implementation

Jump to solution

It has been suggested several times, but there doesn't seem to be very much interest. Some of the tasks are inherently sequential and therefore not ideal for an FPGA, but I would have thought there were some things where feeding Vivado's C code to SDAccel would make sense.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Enhancement Idea: Using FPGA to speed up synthesis and implementation

Jump to solution

It has been suggested several times, but there doesn't seem to be very much interest. Some of the tasks are inherently sequential and therefore not ideal for an FPGA, but I would have thought there were some things where feeding Vivado's C code to SDAccel would make sense.

0 Kudos