cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant
Participant

Equivalent of "plbv46_slave_single_v1_01_a" and "proc_common_v3_00_a" for Spartan 6 LX9 Board (AES-S6MB-LX9-G)?

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, sorry to add a bit of a pointed post to the general technical discussion, but I have not the slightest idea where specifically I might post this.  It hits on too many specific topics at once.

I'm redesigning an old system for a new board, and I'm a bit stuck on one point.  The old board was an Avnet Virtex-4 FX12 MM Development Board Rev 1, and I'm currently working on an Avnet Spartan 6 LX9 Board.  These two libraries are referenced in the older design which I need to rework, and I'm lost as to what their equivalents or modern counterparts would be for the Spartan 6 LX9.  Specifically, these were the ways in which the libraries were referenced:

"

library proc_common_v3_00_a;
use proc_common_v3_00_a.proc_common_pkg.all;
use proc_common_v3_00_a.ipif_pkg.all;
use proc_common_v3_00_a.soft_reset;

library plbv46_slave_single_v1_01_a;
use plbv46_slave_single_v1_01_a.plbv46_slave_single;

"

I can't access the .xmp file for the older system, although I was able to look at the .mhs file and some other generated files.  I've already perused the ug018.pdf  "PowerPC 405 Processor Block Reference Guide", and found no solution there.

Does anyone know what the "plbv46_slave_single_v1_01_a" would be for the Spartan 6 LX9 board that I'm working on now?  Or is it a custom IP?  I saw it used in other designs online, so it didn't seem like a custom IP.  Also, I'm using the AXI4 Interconnect and bus rather than PLB for the new design, so if there is an equivalent peripheral or instance I can add based on the AXI4 rather than PLB, that would be largely preferable. 

Secondly,  what kind of IP is "proc_common_v3_00_a"?  And what would its equivalent be on the Spartan 6 LX9 board with which I am working?

Thank you for your time everyone!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Equivalent of "plbv46_slave_single_v1_01_a" and "proc_common_v3_00_a" for Spartan 6 LX9 Board (AES-S6MB-LX9-G)?

Jump to solution

In S6,

You will use AXI bus for interconnect, and MicroBlaze to replace the PowerPC.

That will be a substantially completely new design.

Depending on what you are doing, it may be better to look for a reference design already done closer to what you want as a starting point.

Note today's Blog by Steve Leibson on Windows 10 ISE 14.7 support (you should use 14.7).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Re: Equivalent of "plbv46_slave_single_v1_01_a" and "proc_common_v3_00_a" for Spartan 6 LX9 Board (AES-S6MB-LX9-G)?

Jump to solution

After a second pass, I realized I may have made a mistake with regards to part of this post, in that there are two available IP's in XPS for the board I'm working on under "PCI" called "PLBv46 IP Interface (IPIF) to LogicCORE PCI32 Bridge" and "PLBv46 IP Interface (IPIF) to LogicCORE PC Express Bridge."  Do either of these constitute the a library which could be configured to take the place of "plbv46_slave_single_v1_01_a"?

If not, I assume I most likely need an AXI component instead, so as to not be using both buses simultaneously?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

In S6,

You will use AXI bus for interconnect, and MicroBlaze to replace the PowerPC.

That will be a substantially completely new design.

Depending on what you are doing, it may be better to look for a reference design already done closer to what you want as a starting point.

Note today's Blog by Steve Leibson on Windows 10 ISE 14.7 support (you should use 14.7).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Jump to solution

I understand that the AXI bus will be used for the interconnect, and that the MicroBlaze takes the place of the PowerPC.  I already have the rest of my design more or less mapped out, these are the two IP which I need to finish figuring out how to update for the design to be functional.  After further research, I found that the "AXI Lite IPIF"/"AXI Lite Slave" is more or less the equivalent of the "plbv46_slave_single_v1_01_a"  IP; that part of my original question is resolved for me at this point.

However, I would appreciate if you or someone else might point me in the right direction towards figuring out what "proc_common_v3_00_a" is as an IP, or if not, then perhaps what is newer equivalent might be in ISE 14.7, if possible?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Jump to solution

I found the EDK library "proc_common_v3_00_a" in my Xilinx directory, just in a different location.  I apologize for the oversight, this question is resolved for me.

0 Kudos