cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

FATAL_ERROR:Bitstream:stanbsbitfile.c:3408:1.57 - Incorrect number of bits in bitstream (18) for FDRI write

Jump to solution

Hi,

I hav built an Saprtan 6 project on ISE 14.5 in Windows 7 OS.....

Same project when I try to build on Windows 10 OS (another 64bit PC) with ISE 14.5 I am able to run till Place and route ..... While generating the Bit sream I get this error

""FATAL_ERROR:Bitstream:stanbsbitfile.c:3408:1.57 - Incorrect number of bits in bitstream (18) for FDRI write""

In My design I have added an ICON and ILA chipscope IPs.... If i comment this portion then I am able to build bitstream.....What could be the issue...

Please help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: FATAL_ERROR:Bitstream:stanbsbitfile.c:3408:1.57 - Incorrect number of bits in bitstream (18) for FDRI write

Jump to solution

Now I am able to build the project

I changed the compatibility mode of WIndows 10 to a lower version and with this I could build the bit stream

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: FATAL_ERROR:Bitstream:stanbsbitfile.c:3408:1.57 - Incorrect number of bits in bitstream (18) for FDRI write

Jump to solution

@rakeshm55 I would recommend stick with supported OS i.e Windows 7. Please check similar thread discussion

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/General-Technical-Discussion/Fatal-Error-in-bitgen-after-upgrading-project-to-ISE-14-7-from/td-p/456738

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I have referred to the suggestions while trying to get license/open project .....

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/microcontrollers/guide-getting-xilinx-ise-to-work-with-windows-8-64-bit/

Many others claim that they are able to build projects  in ISE 14.5 with windows 10.....Though Xilinx offers no support for ISE for Windows 10 ....

I already have a PC which has upgraded windows 10.....where we have built projects on 1SE 14.5 for Artix 7 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Now I am able to build the project

I changed the compatibility mode of WIndows 10 to a lower version and with this I could build the bit stream

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@rakeshm55,

Glad to know that you are now able to build the project. Please close the thread by marking the post as "Accept as solution" to help other users who could face such similar issue.

FYI: Please note that since ISE is in obsolete mode, I don’t think this will be later supported with Windows 10.

However we do have roadmap to support Win 10 in our latest tool Vivado.

Regards,

Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I too encountered the same error message on WIN10 with ISE 14.7. After is occurred I closed all apps.  I was able to successfully implement design and  generate the programming file. I did need to add a space and remove the space from a .v file and save it so the the process could be started.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Can you point to how you changed the compatibility mode of Windows 10? I am trying to run ISE in compatibility mode but I cannot, because ISE is a shell script not an executable. So "run in compatibility mode" does not show up as an option when I right-click on the ISE icon.

0 Kudos