cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anee_anil
Adventurer
Adventurer

FIR Filter order

I am working on a project  which involves implementation of FIR filter on Artix 7 FPGA. I am using Vivado ver 2014.4.

I would need an approximate of 400 taps for the filter. However the GUI of the filter compiler does not give an option of choosing our own lengths for the filter. How can this be done?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

The filter order is calculated by the GUI according to the actual coefficient values you enter. In other words, if you want a 400 tap filter, put 400 coefficients into the GUI (or .coe file)

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
anee_anil
Adventurer
Adventurer

HI bwiec,

I would be needing a filter which should be capable of loading co efficients at run time. Basically I am designing a system that would adapt to surrounding environment. So for this case I would be having a fixed order of the filter and coefficients can change. At the development stage I would not be having coefficients that I can load. Please help.

0 Kudos
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Oh I see what you mean. In this case, you would still load the coefficient vector/.coe file with the max length of filter coefficients (just use any coefficient values). When you enable the 'Reload Coefficient' option, then the core will allow you to reload the same number of coefs that you originally specified in the GUI.

Does that make sense?
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos