cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Fpga vga controller

Hello

Im trying to do  vga controller with the fpga, but what im trying to do is to send the signals with another embedded technology(arduino) so the fpga receives those signals stores them in memory and then proyect the image in the monitor. The problem is that it is very slow!!!, i can actually see the painting of the monitor. and i really don´t know why that is happening. the lenght of the memory is of [2:0]memory[65024:0]. I don´t know if the problem is that it takes to much for the fpga to access to all the memory. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Teacher
Teacher

Nobody is likely to be able to tell you how to speed up your system without a lot more information...

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

this is my code! 

0 Kudos

Haven't looked at your code, but why don't you start by simulating your design if you really don't know what is happening? You could initialize your memory with an image in the testbench or write some sort of simulation model for your arduino platform. Since you have some sort of image being formed on the monitor, I think the H-sync and V-sync signals are being generated with correct (at least within your monitor's limit) frequencies. Perhaps the image memory is not being updated fast enough.

0 Kudos