Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venky228
Visitor
Visitor

Help Regarding ADC

hello

i'm a student using ALTIUM NANO BOARD 3000. i'm having the vhdl code for reading any one channel of ADC(adc084s021) for nano board. Now i want to use the two channels of ADC and my output should be subtraction of two channels , when i edited my code i'm getting errors.  i'm attaching my code files for reading single adc channel here.                 plz help me....

thanks in advance..........

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rcingham
Teacher
Teacher

"when i edited my code i'm getting errors"

What errors?

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
venky228
Visitor
Visitor

first of all thanks for the reply sir......

the code which i attached is for reading only one adc channel. i was getting output in leds. now i want to use two channels. i just changed the channel and repeated the same component adc084s021(present in code). i got the error that adc clock is driven through multiple sources......   i have to get the output as

output= channel1(data) - channel2(data_                                    

can you please tell me the necessary changes i can make in my code to get the required output.

thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
eteam00
Professor
Professor

i got the error that adc clock is driven through multiple sources.

The variable for the adc clock may be assigned in only one process.  Search your code and combine the processes or eliminate all the adc clock assignment statements outside a single process.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos