cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

How does Xilinx charge the money for the IP?

Jump to solution

I know there are some IPs from Xilinx are not for free. We need to purchase the IP before we can use it.

But I just wonder how does Xilinx charge the money for the IP? Or more specifically, after I purchased this IP, I can use it for as many products as I want, but Xilinx only charge the money for once? Because it is difficult to know how many instances I actually use.

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Contact sales for complete information on IP prices. Here is the link: http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/sales-offices.htm

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Contact sales for complete information on IP prices. Here is the link: http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/sales-offices.htm

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager
Thanks very much. Actually, I am not very interest in the real prices. I am interested is:

Does Xilinx not care about how many product use a chargable iP? If I bought a chargable IP, I use this IP for 100 products, or 10000 products, the price will be same, right?

Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

@buddha1987 wrote:
Thanks very much. Actually, I am not very interest in the real prices. I am interested is:

Does Xilinx not care about how many product use a chargable iP? If I bought a chargable IP, I use this IP for 100 products, or 10000 products, the price will be same, right?

Thanks very much.

Depends upon the particular core, and to get a particular answer, contact xilinx or the core vendor directly.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager
Thanks very much, bassman59
0 Kudos