UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

How to build up a frame grabber system?

hello,

i need help while building a fpga design. The designated target is to read in a parallel video stream and send it via ethernet in several pictures to pc (and display it on pc). Can anyone give me some hints how i should built up this system? To yet my intention is to use the vid_in_to_axi4s ip-core, a fifo ip core with what i can store the data into an external ram (maybe the axi virtual fifo controller?) and at last an ethernet ip-core (udp/ip - need to send ca. 70MByte/s). Is it recommended to build up the system like this? How can these ip-cores interact with each other? What ip-core for udp/ip is recommended?

thanks, mrb

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Historian
Historian

Re: How to build up a frame grabber system?

@mrb wrote:

hello,

i need help while building a fpga design. The designated target is to read in a parallel video stream and send it via ethernet in several pictures to pc (and display it on pc). Can anyone give me some hints how i should built up this system? To yet my intention is to use the vid_in_to_axi4s ip-core, a fifo ip core with what i can store the data into an external ram (maybe the axi virtual fifo controller?) and at last an ethernet ip-core (udp/ip - need to send ca. 70MByte/s). Is it recommended to build up the system like this? How can these ip-cores interact with each other? What ip-core for udp/ip is recommended?

thanks, mrb

You should probably look up the AIA GigE Vision Standard.

And yes, what you want to do is a lot of work.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos