UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie jokestv2018

How to learn network systerms implemtation on FPGA

Hello everyone,

There is a project at my university recruiting students who are familiar with implementing signal processing algorithms and build communication systems on FPGA. 

I'm a newcomer to FPGA, and I have learned basic digital circuit principles. I have done my research only to find that there are too many materials for FPGA, and I can't find a clear way to learn it. Could someone recommend the learning route of FPGA for beginners?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: How to learn network systerms implemtation on FPGA

As with most programming languages, the most effective approach is normally to buy an adequate set of hardware for learning (eg. a basic Zynq or Artix board), read a tutorial to get the bare minimums of the language you've chosen (Vivado has better support for Verilog than for VHDL), and then start doing projects. The first one will probably just be a LED flashing.