cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How to transfer and receive image file from PC to FPGA(virtex 5)

Hell All,

I want to send bitmap image file from pc to DDR in fpga, convert the bitmap file into JPEG format then send the JPEG file to pc. I have JPEG encoder project which coverts bitmap to jpeg. Can anyone send me c code for serial communication from pc to fpga and vise versa.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How to transfer and receive image file from PC to FPGA(virtex 5)

I would use ethernet connection to recieve the file.

Open a tftp server  on the FPGA, then you can use windows tftp client to send the file.

See http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1026.pdf for more details.

Assaf.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

@assaf_malki wrote:

I would use ethernet connection to recieve the file.

Open a tftp server  on the FPGA, then you can use windows tftp client to send the file.

See http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1026.pdf for more details.

Assaf.

All of that assumes that he has an ethernet interface as part of his FPGA design, and that it can run a tftp server, and ...

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Guys thanks for the reply. I have access to ethernet in my design, but I prefer to transfer data via RS232. How do I start with coding. Can you please help me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

There must be thousands of tutorials detailing how to communicate through a UART using various operating systems and programming languages. You should search for them; this question has been answered to death.

Please google your question before asking it.
If someone answers your question, mark the post with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left).
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

i went through the posts in the forum, but could not find much about uart. I found a couple of VHDL codes, but since I am using microblaze, can any one please suggest me where I can find C code to transfer data between fpga and pc via rs232.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=microblaze+uart

Please google your question before asking it.
If someone answers your question, mark the post with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left).