UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie kdubious

I2S Audio Output

We are looking for a board with Ethernet input and the ability to output an audio I2S signal. Is anyone able to consult with us on this project?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: I2S Audio Output

Hi,

Please consult the FAE's in your region who can help you out with this query. I guess ML506 board had the ethernet input and audio output. However check with the FAE's.  The contacts are here - http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/auth-disti-table.htm

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Newbie kdubious

It seems there is a typo on that page for:

Email: info@porteleectronicscorp.com

The email bounced.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Newbie kdubious

Email: info@spiritelectronics.com

This one is also incorrect on the site, when you click the link at least.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I'm using an I2S IP core to get it straight out of the FPGA.  I did that on a zc702 board to test with a logic analyser, now the signals are routed to a DAC on a custom board and work fine.

So pretty much any eval board will be fine, you just need three or four spare general purpose outputs - GPIO headers, PMOD connectors etc. will all be fine as long as the bank voltage is ok for your I2S sink device. But even if not a logic level translator can be used.

0 Kudos
Visitor mona_d
Visitor

I am trying to interface PMODI2S DAC with ZC702 board using PMOD2 pins of J62 header and the signals are being generated. The pmod dac works with 3.3 V, which is given to these signals. These signals are checked using the ILA core, it shows correct. But when checked using logic analyzer, signals are not properly generated. Also when connected to the DAC, the expected audio is not played. Could not find the solution. May be because the pmod2 pins are parallely connected to the user leds of the board.

Can anyone please help me find the solution. Or if the leds are creating any problem is there any way to disconnect the leds from the pmod2 pins. Need a solution.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@mona_d wrote:

I am trying to interface PMODI2S DAC with ZC702 board using PMOD2 pins of J62 header and the signals are being generated. The pmod dac works with 3.3 V, which is given to these signals. These signals are checked using the ILA core, it shows correct. But when checked using logic analyzer, signals are not properly generated. Also when connected to the DAC, the expected audio is not played. Could not find the solution. May be because the pmod2 pins are parallely connected to the user leds of the board.

Looking at those signals with an oscilloscope will show whether they meet valid logic levels or if they are pulled down by the LEDs. A logic analyzer might not have the same logic thresholds as the DAC.

Can anyone please help me find the solution. Or if the leds are creating any problem is there any way to disconnect the leds from the pmod2 pins. Need a solution.

I'd start with the 'scope, and then yank the LEDs off the board.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor mona_d
Visitor

I tried the same using SPARTAN 3E board, it worked fine. The logic analyzer also showed correct signals, audio ouput also played fine. But same is not wroking with the ZC702 board. I suppose that the leds are creating problem. How to yank the leds off the board. Do you mean to physically remove the leds off the board?

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@mona_d wrote:

How to yank the leds off the board. Do you mean to physically remove the leds off the board?

Yes, get a soldering iron and have at it.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you happen to have a Zedboard it has a good Audio codec (ADAU1761)on it. It will save you the headahce of using external components. Also there is a nice tutorial on how to use it and configure its ADCs and DACs . 

link : http://embeddedcentric.com/adc-dac-and-digital-audio-processing/

0 Kudos