UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Visitor

IODELAY application

Hi,

May anyone please explain what an IDELAY/ODELAY is? Where this primitive is used?

And where can I find simple examples of this primitive to learn its usage?

Thanks

Re: IODELAY application

Hi @mo69_hoseini

If you are using 7 series, refer this link below:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug471_7Series_SelectIO.pdf

If you are using Ultrascale, refer the link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug571-ultrascale-selectio.pdf

I think you will get sufficient information in these doc.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: IODELAY application

Hi @thakurr

In my book, the user guides are not suitable for beginners and it seems they are written for skilled designers who need to know how to use new technologies

I need something simpler. I know IODELAY is used for delaying inputs or outputs, but I don't know where they are necessary. Could you please give some practical and simple examples?

Regards