Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

ISE 14.7 Impact cable not found

Jump to solution

I have searched the forum and tried many things but haven't solved my problem. I'm running Win 7 64-bit and installed ISE 14.7. I just bought a Impact USB pod (DLC10) and tried to install it. The cable is not found (in either 32-bit or 64bit ISE). My Device Manager shows Jungo as installed okay but the Impact pod shows up as "Unknown Device" under 'Other Devices'.

I've tried installing drivers using AR35924_windows_drivers install_xusb.bat to no avail.

All help appreicated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ISE 14.7 Impact cable not found

Jump to solution

I narrowed the problem to a defective pod. I borrowed a colleagues DLC10 and tried it in the same setup with the same port & cable. It worked 3 times while the new device failed to be recognized 3 times. 

I bought the device from a Xilinx approved vendor in the Bay Area. I placed an RMA request with Xilinx (per the vendors instructions) and will wait to hear from Xilinx if I can return it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
What is the color of LED? Is it green or not?

Can you please uninstall and re-install the drivers?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The LED is not lit at all. I have uninstalled and installed drivers several times (using ar35924). The pod is not connected to the target, however a firend is doing the same and impact finds the cable but gives a warning a 'ref volttage is not found' since the target is not attached.

How should the DLC10 show up in Device Manager? I get "Unknown Device" under 'other devices'?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The attached file is the log file that Impact generated when I launched from ISE 14.7 (64-bit).

Note the drivers appear to be found, but the cable is not found. The pod is plugged into the USB port & the LED is not on. Windows Device Manager shows "Unknown device" in "Other devices"

here is a portion of the file:...

Driver file xusbdfwu.sys found.
Driver version: src=1027, dest=1027.
Driver windrvr6.sys version = 10.2.1.0. WinDriver v10.21 Jungo (c) 1997 - 2010 Build Date: Aug 31 2010 x86_64 64bit SYS 14:14:44, version = 1021.
ERROR:iMPACT - Cable not found, ESN: 00000000000000

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

Are you able to program the device even though this error occurs?

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

No, It won't program. The iMPACT software indicates there is no cable present and the POD LED is compleletly off.

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Anonymous ,

Hello,

Are you able to see the cable in Device Manager under 'Programming Cables' tab as seen in below snapshot

programming cable.PNG

Can you try changing the cable to rule out the possibility of issue being with this cable? Also check whether this cable works fine with some other machine. Let us know your observations.

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have not run another pod on my machine but I plan to today. On mu current machine the pod does not show up in Device Manager a present. It shows in "Other devices" as an "Unknown device". Today I will try another pod on my computer and also the subject pod on another computer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The POD having difficulty installing is the DLC10 Platform Cable USB II. Device Manager doesn't recognize the device when plugged in.

Using the same computer & USB cable & port I plugged in a DLC9 Platform Cable USB pod and Device Manager recognized this device under Programming Cables as a Xininx USB Cable. The LED lit yellow (not plugged into target).

Is there any reason a DLC9 bwould be recognized but not the DLC10?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Did you buy a real Xilinx USB-II Platform Cable or one of the cheap Chinese knock offs?  If you bought a real one then contact the distributor for a RMA as it sounds like it is a very rare defective unit and get a replacement.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I narrowed the problem to a defective pod. I borrowed a colleagues DLC10 and tried it in the same setup with the same port & cable. It worked 3 times while the new device failed to be recognized 3 times. 

I bought the device from a Xilinx approved vendor in the Bay Area. I placed an RMA request with Xilinx (per the vendors instructions) and will wait to hear from Xilinx if I can return it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ISE 14.7 Impact cable not found -- how to RMA

Jump to solution

This is a little off topic but...

I need to RMA my defective POD I bought from Avnet. But they say I need a Xilinx RMA # to do that. I filed an RMA request and received a link to go to to fill out. When I enter my user name & password it says the web page is not available. Without a case # I can't talk to a human and without  talking to a human I can't get a case #. Arghhh! I tried for over an hour calling Xilinx phone #'s and all I get is a automated call that eventually ends in asking me for my case #. When I talk to Avent they say go to Xilinx support online. Argh Argh!

Does anybody know how to get past this obfuscation?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

Are you trying to submit RMA request using this link?

I just tried and it was working fine.

Try using a different browser and check whether it works?

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution
The link you gave works!!! Thanks a million...
The link I was given was https://xapps9.xilinx.com/my.policy and it didn't work using the same laptop at work as I'm now using at home. Again, thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Question, I'm entering the RMA request info and besides serial # it asks for a board revision 043XXX-XX-XXXX. There is none on the red case of the DLC10. For warranty purposes I prefer not to open the case. The webpage will not except a blank entry. Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The RMA webpage won't submit the request until I make an entry for board revision #. There is none on the DLC10 case, just a serial #.

Do I need to open the case to look at the board?

If not how do I enter sufficient information to allow the webpage to submit the request?

Thanks for yoyr help on this.

Brian

0 Kudos