cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngrubaugh
Observer
Observer

ISE Project Navigator Add Source error

I have a design I'm currently working on and some of the vhdl files disappeared from the "files" tab in ISE (I honestly don't know what I did to make them disappear). They are even showing up as "?" next to their instantiated names in the Design hierarchy.

I also want to note have an EDK project in this design that uses the same vhdl files that disappeared.

I went to add the files back in to the design but I'm getting a popup that states they already exist. Any ideas as to how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ngrubaugh
Observer
Observer

I forgot to mention that I'm working in ISE 14.5

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ngrubaugh

I suspect the files are in project directory which results in a pop-up "the files are already exists".

Can you try "Project --> CleanUp Project files" and check whether the files are still shown as "?"?

Also are you encountering any issues in synthesis or implementation though the files are shown as "?"

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
ngrubaugh
Observer
Observer

Yes, I tried to run the Cleanup Project Files option previously and the blocks are still being shown as unknown and I couldn't re-add the vhdl files either.

I just reverted to an older load of the project and reworked the changes and that seems to have fixed the problem. I guess I won't figure out what caused the error!

Thanks!

0 Kudos