Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudy
Explorer
Explorer

Isim or VIvado Simulator recompile without restart

Hi, 

I was wondeirng if any of the ISim or Vivado versions have the ability to recompile the source codes without requiring to relaunch the simulator?

Even though Vivado simulator is fast, but it is really slow to open and close the simulator. I have a very tiny module, but every time that I need to make a small change it takes a very long time to close and relaunch the simulator, and I was wondering if there is a work around solution?

Thanks, 

--Rudy 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
avrumw
Guide
Guide

There is a "Relaunch Simulation" button in the menu bar

Untitled.png

Avrum

0 Kudos
rudy
Explorer
Explorer

That "relaunch" is nothing more than just closing it manually and then reopening it. It is going through the same lenghty process again. I don't think "relaunch" is recompiling it witought closing it !!

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Vivado simulator does not support incremental compilation yet. Check this article http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57239.html

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
cjn566

Is there a way to do a full recompile and restart the simulation without closing and re-opening the Vivado simulator?

0 Kudos
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

there is no way of doing it as of now without using relaunch option to compile the files.
-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------