UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

JESD204B reference clock

I'm having a hard time with the JESD204B core in understanding the way clocks are used.  I have my own Verilog code running with what should be the same clock speed as the JESD204B reference clock. Can I use the JESD input clock?  The problem is that the core takes a differential input and then uses "clocking support" with an MMCM and BUFG internally to provide the clock to the core. I therefore can't really use the clock externally without adding my own MMCM and BUFG on the differential inputs duplicating resources... or is there a way to get the single-ended clock for use by my own fabric logic?

Also, Is there a better description of the core vs reference clock somewhere; I find the ip documentation description lacking.

Regards,
Kurt

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: JESD204B reference clock

Can you check the "shared logic in the example" option? Check if the clocking support module is brought outside the IP so that you have access to the GT reference clock.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: JESD204B reference clock

I saw in one of the manuals that "tx_core_clk_out" will probably be the right thing to use. Is that phase aligned using an MCMM to the refclk_p?
0 Kudos