UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer talia_xu
Observer

[Labtools 27-2287] HW Server version: 2014.1 does not match Vivado version: 2014.2

I just downloaded the newest Vivado version 2014.2, but when I tried to program the board(nexys4) it gives me an error saying HW Server version doesn't match..Any fix?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [Labtools 27-2287] HW Server version: 2014.1 does not match Vivado version: 2014.2

Hi,

What version do you see when you run hw_server? If it is showing 2014.1 then it is a bug.

I have tried it on a linux machine at my end and i see 2014.2

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [Labtools 27-2287] HW Server version: 2014.1 does not match Vivado version: 2014.2

Hi,

Are you trying to connect to the board remotely or is the board connected to local machine?

If using remote machine ensure that the hw_server launched on remote machine should have the same version as the vcse_server or hardware session used on local machine.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Highlighted
Observer ahmadian
Observer

Hello, 

I have also the same problem. Previously I was working with Vivado 2015.2 and recently I installed 15.4.1. After I made some experiments with the newer version, I tried to program the FPGA in 15.2, but when I try to open the target I get the following error. 

I connected to board to the local computer which (to my knowledge) means I should select local server when I try to add new target. 

Tags (2)
Screenshot 2016-02-08 09.04.11.png
0 Kudos