cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

NGDBUILD warning - ConstraintSystem - A target design object for the Locate constraint could not be found ???!!!

hi,

i have a constraint in my ucf file - NET "datain" LOC = AL37;

i use synplify to synthesize my design. i do a constraint check and the above constraint is fine.

after synthesis, i take the edf file and put it in xilinx ise 14.1 for implementation/bitgen. i use the same ucf (which i used for synplify synthesis).

the entire process completes without errors, the bitfile also works fine. but in the ngdbuild warnings, i get this - 

ConstraintSystem - A target design object for the Locate constraint '<NET "datain_c" LOC = AL37>' could not be found and so the Locate constraint will be removed.

but in my pinout report, the datain pin is still defined at AL37 (so i guess the location constraint was still met).

I wanted to know if this warning is important  or if it can be ignored (because the pinout report still shows proper placement)

If I do want to get rid of this warning, what do i need to do? 

thanks in advance ...

z.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

> NET "datain" LOC = AL37;

is not the same as:

> NET "datain_c" LOC = AL37

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

yes .. i know ... datain is not the same as datain_c ... so my question is why is this coming up as a ndg warning when i specify datain on loc AL37 ...  ?

thanks and regards,

zubin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

> my question is why is this coming up as a ndg warning 

Search your design files for datain_c it is probably there somewhere.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

hi,

ive checked the ucf. i dont have a datain_c ... in the ucf file i just have datain defined in the design either. could it be that synplify is renaming the signal somehow?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @zubin_kumar31

Yes that might be possible if this UCF file is being generated by Synplify tool.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

hi, 

the ucf i am using is a xilinx ucf only. lets call this design.ucf

i use design.ucf and convert it to sdc in synplify.

i synthesize the design using the design.sdc which generates the .edf file

then i take the .edf into xilinx ise and implement the design using design.ucf as the constraint file.

so is there some other constraint file that i should be using from synplify?

if so, why is my pinout report still OK after i implement the design (using design.ucf) in xilinx?

z.

0 Kudos