UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

NGDBUILD warning - ConstraintSystem - A target design object for the Locate constraint could not be found ???!!!

hi,

i have a constraint in my ucf file - NET "datain" LOC = AL37;

i use synplify to synthesize my design. i do a constraint check and the above constraint is fine.

after synthesis, i take the edf file and put it in xilinx ise 14.1 for implementation/bitgen. i use the same ucf (which i used for synplify synthesis).

the entire process completes without errors, the bitfile also works fine. but in the ngdbuild warnings, i get this - 

ConstraintSystem - A target design object for the Locate constraint '<NET "datain_c" LOC = AL37>' could not be found and so the Locate constraint will be removed.

but in my pinout report, the datain pin is still defined at AL37 (so i guess the location constraint was still met).

I wanted to know if this warning is important  or if it can be ignored (because the pinout report still shows proper placement)

If I do want to get rid of this warning, what do i need to do? 

thanks in advance ...

z.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: NGDBUILD warning - ConstraintSystem - A target design object for the Locate constraint could not be found ???!!!

> NET "datain" LOC = AL37;

is not the same as:

> NET "datain_c" LOC = AL37

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: NGDBUILD warning - ConstraintSystem - A target design object for the Locate constraint could not be found ???!!!

yes .. i know ... datain is not the same as datain_c ... so my question is why is this coming up as a ndg warning when i specify datain on loc AL37 ...  ?

thanks and regards,

zubin

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

> my question is why is this coming up as a ndg warning 

Search your design files for datain_c it is probably there somewhere.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hi,

ive checked the ucf. i dont have a datain_c ... in the ucf file i just have datain defined in the design either. could it be that synplify is renaming the signal somehow?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @zubin_kumar31

Yes that might be possible if this UCF file is being generated by Synplify tool.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hi, 

the ucf i am using is a xilinx ucf only. lets call this design.ucf

i use design.ucf and convert it to sdc in synplify.

i synthesize the design using the design.sdc which generates the .edf file

then i take the .edf into xilinx ise and implement the design using design.ucf as the constraint file.

so is there some other constraint file that i should be using from synplify?

if so, why is my pinout report still OK after i implement the design (using design.ucf) in xilinx?

z.

0 Kudos