UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer knightrider
Observer

Online technical chat

It would be great if xilinx can provide online chat sessions along with forums
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Online technical chat

yes great idea!!!

and a irc or forum chat with designer who have some problems or spartan based boards experts

0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Yes it would be great...  instant design support on any one of a billion different end-user applications.  This sounds wonderful, and wonderfully expensive.

I propose an alternative:  schedule online interactive troubleshooting sessions on specific topics or disciplines, scheduled in advance.

For instance, we know from experience that Austin Lesea is the guru of ASIC emulation.  There aren't enough Austin Lesea's around 24/7 for world-wide on-demand access.  However, if Austin could select 1 or 2 'typical' design problems on a weekly or monthly, and work through the problems online while anyone and everyone can watch and listen in, and then remain available for 20 minutes of Q(uestion) and A(nswer) from the audience, this could be a powerful and effective training tool.  Austin would be, in effect, multiplied.

Lots of companies take this very approach for in-house training.  This is taking the approach one step further... extending the audience worldwide.

An extra-credit bonus option is to record the session for retrieval and playback on demand, much like the forum PLD blog.

The interactive Q & A session might be useful to very few, or useful to many.  It depends on the questions asked, the expertise level of the designer, and any language barriers which might arise.  Much of Xilinx' customer base is in parts of the world where English is  -- at best -- a secondary language.

As for scheduling topics or disciplines, I can think of two distinct approaches:

1.  Regular schedule of topics (e.g. clock enables, PLLs/DCMs, configuration, memory controllers, cooling, etc.)

2.  Survey of recent forum posts for most 'popular' problem areas, and schedule sessions which target one of those recently popular problem areas.

Just an idea...

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Administrator
Administrator

Great ideas! Keep them coming. We are looking into multiple ways to enhance the Xilinx User Community Forums. Other companies communities have expert days, much like what Bob described. If you have more ideas please continue to reply to this post.

Best,
Alexis
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I would suggest that you find a forum community that is focused on PHP. This community is focused on Xilinx FPGAs.
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

need some help with my code
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

That was very specific
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like these books:
Free Range VHDL (free), http://www.freerangefactory.org/site/pmwiki.php/Main/Books
VHDL for Logic Synthesis, Andrew Rushton
FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples, Pong P Chu
0 Kudos
Visitor mostafa01
Visitor

Uart PS

hi all

I have a problem. I have a zybo board zynq7000, I want use UART PS, what Pins use zybo for send and receive data? i need a code for send and receive a message.

please help me. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos