UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor pitmihai
Visitor

PMOD-SPKR project

Hi guys,

My name is Mihai, I am new into these kind of digital boards. I have a project for my faculty and I need to write some code in Vivado interfacing a Nexys-4 board. My project title is "PMOD-SPKR - generating a sound with the frequency "x" and the amplitude increasing". I would appreciate a lot if you guys can help me with this project!!!

Thank you, have a great day!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: PMOD-SPKR project

sounds a fun project

can't give much detail help 

but try looking up things like Pulse Width Modulator ( PWM ) and sigma delta dac.s

plenty of examples around once you know the words to look for,

good luck with the project.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Visitor pitmihai
Visitor

Can you help me please with more details? I can not find anything about my project. I would appreciate a lot

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

It's a straightforward project, but it should not be your absolute first FPGA project. Start by just getting an LED to come on when you press a switch. That'll at least get you up to speed with the most basic aspects of your selected language (VHDL or Verilog) and the FPGA hardware (assigning pins, programming the board, etc). I'm sure there are plenty of good Nexys-4 tutorials available showing exactly how to do this.

Once that's done, you can move on to sequential logic by making the LED flash. This is a great stepping stone to getting the speaker working - to drive a speaker you just feed it a "flashing" pulse, but much faster than the LED (probably 20kHz or more, whereas the LED should be at around 1Hz).

Start with the LED project, and if you have any specific questions (ie errors or warnings) post them here for more help.

0 Kudos
Visitor pitmihai
Visitor

FPGA is new for me. I studied this class just in this semester on my 4th year. I have never met something like this before. My first time programming in Verilog. Thanks for the tips, I will try to finish this by Sunday when I have to present it
0 Kudos