Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

SD Card interface using microblaze and AXI Quad SPI

Hi,

I'm trying to interface an SD card to an FPGA using microblaze and the AXI Quad SPI IP. However, I can not find any option to set the frequency to "variable" for the SPI. The reason i'm asking is, I want to be able to set the frequency to around 400 KHz for initialization and switch back to aorund 25 Mhz for normal operation. I've been searching several forums for this for quite some time to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions to this, please let me know. Any help will be appreciated.

The closet someone got to answering this question is here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/XPS-SPI-Core-and-SD-Card/td-p/173580 but the question was still not answered.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: SD Card interface using microblaze and AXI Quad SPI

Hey @gauravmp,

PG153, the AXI Quad SPI LogiCORE IP Product Guide states in chapter 2 on page 45:

The baud rate generator is specified by Motorola to be programmable using bits in the control register; however, in this FPGA design the baud rate generator is programmable using parameters in the VHDL implementation. Thus, run-time configuration of the baud rate is not possible.

Hope this clarifies,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos