cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SD card data speed for zynq 706

Hi all,

I am now doing projects with zynq 706. There are two ways to connect Host with FPGA. One is SD card and the other is PCIe. 

If I choose SD card, the data speed for spartan or virtex is only hundreds of Kbps, but I cannot find the data speed for zynq board.

I assume the data path is from FPGA board to embedded microprocessor and then from embedded microprocessor to FPGA, so can someone tell me the data speed if I want to use the SD card?

Thanks,

li

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

- Check the SD clock configuration. See UG585 chapter 25 about Clocks.

Please provide the register settings and the calculation done to verify the SD clock frequency.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is no direct answer to this as it depends on lot of factors.

The thread-https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/SD-card-performance-using-Zynq-SDIO-and-Linux-what-data-rates/td-p/323563 gives you insights on this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos